Infographics seem to be all the rage right now. And it makes sense: in an era of information overload, consumers respond favorably to imagery. Here’s why infographics work:
- The phrase “a picture is worth a thousand words” perfectly describes the purpose of infographics.
- Pictures are easily noticeable and enhance the appeal of content.
- Businesses experience improved SEO, thanks to infographics’ link capacity, eye-catching images, and shareability.
- Consumers’ attention spans are increasingly dwindling, and infographics present easily digestible information.
- David McCandless, one of the pioneers of infographics, explains the beauty of data visualization in this video.
Infographics appeal to consumers senses in ways that basic text cannot. Consider implementing an infographic into your next project.