Super Bowl XLVIII is almost here! If you’re not excited for the game, there’s still a good chance you’re watching for the commercials. There’s an even better chance you’ll be talking about it on social media. And that trend is nothing to ignore.
- Verizon is building hype this week with an interactive Twitter campaign. Each day they ask fans a different question about the competing teams and followers respond with their favorite team and a hashtag. More votes = your team ‘s colors shining in a light display on the Empire State Building that night. It’s a great idea to keep fans coming back every day, with visible results for even those who aren’t participating.
- They’re estimating 400,000 extra folks will pile into Greater NYC this week for the big game, so they’ve created a Social Media Communications Center with a team of 45 to act as a virtual concierge. It’s a great example of how social media can be vital to tourists, especially when a visitor center just won’t cut it.
- Even if the game’s a dud, you can usually count on the commercials for some solid entertainment. And while advertisers are paying millions for 30 seconds of your time, they’re also paying for big-time social media exposure. It’s anticipated that 61% of people will be sharing those ads on social media during and after the game.
- So which social media channel will dominate the Super Bowl ad conversation? Here’s your answer.
Enjoy the big game!
In 2014, mobile optimization is something your business needs to give serious thought. Having to pinch and zoom and endlessly scroll can quickly sour a user’s experience of your brand. It’s time to get educated about this trend.
- Smartphones are constantly gaining in popularity and mobile web traffic is on the rise. This article gives you hard numbers on why your website simply must be mobile optimized.
- When you opt to mobile optimize, you’ve got to decide if you want to make an “m-dot” site or make yours responsive. Going “responsive” seems to be where most are headed these days.
- If you send a lot of e-mails, you’re going to want to consider mobile optimizing those as well.
- Here are some sharp examples of mobile websites to help jump start your creativity!
There’s no denying that video is where it’s at right now in marketing. Make 2014 the year you try a video contest!
- With over 50% of all web traffic now video-based and studies showing video marketing is 6 times more effective than print and direct mail, it’s a trend you simply can’t afford to miss. More cool stats here.
- Ready to try a contest for yourself? Here are some great tips to get started.
- Want to ease into the world of video first before going straight for a contest? Try one of these 50 creative ways to incorporate video into your marketing strategy.
2014 is here – let’s take a look at what’s in store for social media this year!
- Facebook is constantly changing its news feed algorithm, making it harder and harder for brands to be seen. If you’re not already paying for Facebook ads, it’s something you should strongly consider in 2014.
- Everyone has a smartphone and they’re using them non-stop. Your website needs to be mobile optimized and so does your social media.
- Video is hot right now. Do not miss the boat on this one in 2014.
- Resolve to do better in social media in 2014. Here’s how.
As the economy continues its rebound, travel is making a steady comeback too. Here’s what you can expect for travel in 2014.