It’s our last last Link Friday of the year. (I’ll pause for a moment while you grab a tissue to dry your tears.)
All done? Good. Here’s what we’re checking out as the clock winds down on 2011:
Thanks for reading, everybody! We’ll be back and better than ever in 2012. At least until the Mayan apocalypse hits next December or whenever.
Christmas came early for your fearless Link Friday leader, as I found far, far too much stuff to fit into a manageable blog post. So I’ll just whittle it down to the best of the best, and you’ll just have to wait until the next Link Friday to see what makes the cut then.
On with the links!
- I shared a similar story a couple weeks back, but Mashable has now posted the results of its eye-tracking study for Facebook brand pages (like the ones we run). As it turns out, the wall captures most everybody’s attention, more so than apps or even fancy profile pictures.
- Speaking of Facebook, the social network rolled out its much-ballyhooed (and much-delayed) Timeline feature this week. No word on whether Facebook will do the same sort of feature with brand pages, but I’ve read a few things that seem to indicate it will happen sometime down the road.
- Continuing on the social media front, Twitter topped digital marketing agency Zeta Interactive’s list of buzzworthy social networks. “For culture, breaking news and celebrities it is the social network,” CEO Minna Rhee said in an interview.
- Still not done with your holiday shopping? (Me neither.) The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a good list of gifts for the traveler in your life, including (and, no I’m not making this up) disposable underwear.
Have a good weekend, and we’ll see you back here next week!
Here I was, gathering all these cool things to share with you all for this week’s Link Friday, when all of I sudden I had all these other projects to do and kind of forgot about Link Friday until 4:15 p.m. Friday afternoon.
But I think the important part is that I remembered, don’t you?
Anyway, on with the links:
That’s all for us. Have a good weekend, everybody!
December has arrived here in bucolic Madison, bringing with it complaints about cold weather that likely aren’t going to stop until July, when people will start complaining about hot weather.
Here’s what’s notable and newsworthy this week, at least according to us:
- Looking for a great gift idea? While I was perusing Little Luxuries (just steps away from our office) for some Christmas gifts, I stumbled upon City Tins, a set of 20 coasters that double as $10 gift cards for locally owned restaurants in Madison and Milwaukee. A great promotional idea, and I love the vintage look.
- Another great gift idea for travelers: Lytro, the focus-free camera.
- The thing about December? It’s cold. What better way to stay warm then to jet off to Europe? But do you know your way around, say, Spain? No fear: just consult these awesome illustrations of Spain that were done for the global affairs, business, culture and design magazine Monocle.
- Wonder what people look at most on your social media profiles? Hint: profile pictures are eye-catching.
- And speaking of social media, here are Twitter’s top 10 remarkable tweets and Facebook’s 40 most-shared stories from 2011. (Hope nothing interesting happens in December…)
That’s all for us this week. Have a great weekend!