“Instagram can be a platform for changing the way we see the world,” claim the popular photo application’s creators. This week, we’re looking at the Instagram users who have changed the way their followers see the world. Here are our top picks for travel-related Instagram accounts.
Have a wonderful weekend!
This Friday, relieve the constraints of the office by immersing yourself in the beauty and culture of these travel photographs. Photography allows us, for a moment in time, to live vicariously through the lens of another. These stunning photos will certainly spark a desire to capture the moments yourself.
Check out The Best Travel Photos Tumblr. The name speaks for itself.
National Geographic shows you a new impressive photo every day.
Smithsonian and the Guardian compiled some of the best travel photos in the last year.
Hopefully we’ve inspired your inner photographer. Use these tips and consider visiting these places to take the best pictures you can.
Now, submit your best photos to this Budget Travel Pinterest Photo Contest, and check out brilliant photography from other readers while you’re there!
Have a great weekend!
Old Man Winter finally showed up here in Madison this week. Apparently, he was cranky from having to wait so long, so he made it extra snowy/windy/blah-y and reminded us Wisconsinites of the downside of winter. At least it looks and feels like January out there now; I was getting a little weirded out by 50-degree days.
Winter rant over. Time to move on to our favorite things from the last week.
Have a great weekend, and enjoy the snow and cold (yeah, right), fellow Wisconsinites!
December has arrived here in bucolic Madison, bringing with it complaints about cold weather that likely aren’t going to stop until July, when people will start complaining about hot weather.
Here’s what’s notable and newsworthy this week, at least according to us:
- Looking for a great gift idea? While I was perusing Little Luxuries (just steps away from our office) for some Christmas gifts, I stumbled upon City Tins, a set of 20 coasters that double as $10 gift cards for locally owned restaurants in Madison and Milwaukee. A great promotional idea, and I love the vintage look.
- Another great gift idea for travelers: Lytro, the focus-free camera.
- The thing about December? It’s cold. What better way to stay warm then to jet off to Europe? But do you know your way around, say, Spain? No fear: just consult these awesome illustrations of Spain that were done for the global affairs, business, culture and design magazine Monocle.
- Wonder what people look at most on your social media profiles? Hint: profile pictures are eye-catching.
- And speaking of social media, here are Twitter’s top 10 remarkable tweets and Facebook’s 40 most-shared stories from 2011. (Hope nothing interesting happens in December…)
That’s all for us this week. Have a great weekend!