Officially, Mardi Gras is February 17th, but quite frankly, the party’s already started.
- When you hear Mardi Gras, you usually think of New Orleans, but it actually started in Europe and stuck around in the French colonies. Here’s a little more history.
- Let these, the most embarrassing photos of Mardi Gras, be a social media lesson to you. What happens at Mardi Gras does NOT stay at Mardi Gras. It goes viral.
- Social media also helped push a new Mardi Gras trend – savory, not sweet, king cakes. Think meat wrapped up in the traditional southern cake. I’m gonna guess it tastes better than it sounds.
- If your business isn’t in the south this Fat Tuesday, don’t worry. You can always leverage the holiday to boost your sales. Here’s how.
Fat Tuesday is just a few days away!
- The history of Mardi Gras is a long (since 1699!) and interesting one, filled with all kinds of traditions. Learn about them here.
- Mardi Gras and Carnival are a visual feast. Check out some really stunning images from the History Channel here.
- If you happen to actually be attending Mardi Gras, sharing your experiences with your friends on social media is totally acceptable. Find out what’s not in this article about Mardi Gras social media etiquette.
- Can’t make it to the Big Easy for Fat Tuesday this year? Celebrate at home with these great recipes for Mardi Gras appetizers, meals and desserts!
Coming off the hype of Super Bowl XLVII and with Fat Tuesday only days away, New Orleans is in the midst of “Super Gras.” While the token Mardi Gras city will certainly be booming come Tuesday, it doesn’t have to be the only one. Enjoy the holiday no matter where you are!
No matter what your plans, we hope you can have a little fun with the holiday!