More than 40 million of us will be journeying more than 50 miles from home this Fourth of July. So, where should we go?
- If you’re looking for the biggest, baddest fireworks celebrations, here are the top destinations.
- If you’d rather escape the crowds, here are some low-key alternatives for families who want to unplug.
- Or you could celebrate our nation’s independence in a less traditional way, like taking in a bodybuilding competition on Venice Beach, doing a little fence painting in Hannibal, Missouri or staying up past your bedtime for midnight fireworks in Alaksa.
- Or you could ditch the stateside celebrations altogether and toast the good ol’ U.S. of A. from a Caribbean island. These tropical hotspots are a great deal during the summer months.
Independence Day is just around the corner and it’s shaping up to be a busy one for travelers.
We’re one week from the Fourth of July! So far it’s shaping up to be a winner for travel.
- According to AAA, this year’s Fourth of July travel is expected to grow 2% from 2013.
- That’s in spite of the fact that gas and hotel prices are up too. It seems folks are getting more confident in the economy and are more willing to lay down the credit card.
- Behold, the 13 best places to celebrate the Fourth of July. Places that include lumberjack shows, Willie Nelson picnics and monster trucks.
- Did you know the Fourth of July happens to be a great opportunity for marketers? Use the holiday as a great hook for promoting your latest sale, product or contest!
Happy birthday, summer! Another exciting birthday is coming up, and we’re dedicating this week’s Link Friday to that celebration. How are you celebrating the Fourth of July this year?
Enjoy your first official summer weekend!