The official start of fall is just a few days away. Here’s a little glimpse at the travel outlook.
- Here’s a pretty comprehensive overview of what travelers can expect this fall. (Spoiler alert: airfare prices are up, hotel costs are up even more, but car rental prices are down.)
- It’s not all bad news. Fall is also “shoulder season” which means certain kinds of travel (and travel to certain places) are actually a way better deal this time of year.
- Check out these best cities in America for an autumn adventure.
- Thinking about how to market your destination for fall? Tourism powerhouse Pure Michigan gives the season its own section of their website, including a color map, great fall activities and stunning imagery.
- No travel itinerary in your future? Explore this photo gallery of the finest fall color in North America.
This weekend marks the official start of fall travel season! So we’re giving you the “best” “best of’s” for fall travel. Check out the best…
Happy fall, everyone!
As the leaves are changing, are you looking for a change of pace in your life as well? Fall can be one of the most beautiful times for travel, so squash your boredom, leaf your desk and fall for these autumn travel trips. (Are we being too corny?)
Let’s start off with some eye candy: America’s Best Fall Color Drives, which includes a shout out to Wisconsin’s Driftless Region. And Wisconsinites can track the best time for a drive with this fall color report.
If you’re really looking to get away, plan for these fall 2012 trips, or check out America’s Best Cities for fall travel.
A trip to the apple orchard is a fall must. Here are the best in the U.S.. And, if you’re from the area, check out Wisconsin’s apple orchards and pumpkin patches.
Finally, don’t miss these steals, abcnews.com’s Exclusive Fall Travel Deals.
Now get out and enjoy that crisp autumn air. Happy fall!