Forget Christmas – for parents across the nation, it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Back-to-school time!
- It’s estimated that Americans will spend over $75 billion dollars on back-to-school supplies. Before you try to figure out how many #2 pencils that averages out to, that number includes college spending, which is obviously pricier.
- Most back-to-school shoppers opt to make their final purchases at a brick and mortar store, but a retailer’s online presence during this season is still super important. That’s because most shoppers browse online and compare prices before ever getting in the car.
- Knowing that, it’s key to have a social media strategy for back-to-school time (just like other key times of the year you can take advantage of). Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- It turns out that companies aren’t the only ones making use of social media this time of year – teachers are finding innovative ways to incorporate it into their curriculum. Makes sense, really – social media isn’t going away and it’s becoming part of more and more jobs, so learning to use it wisely is key.
All the melancholy looks on the faces of your friends’ children in your Facebook feed can mean only one thing – it’s back-to-school time!
For parents, back-to-school time could very well be the most wonderful time of the year. Turns out it’s pretty awesome for travelers too.
Yes, “back to school.” Believe it or not, it’s about that time, so we’ve pulled together some cool school-related travel links. Best places to study abroad, interesting historical destinations, most beautiful campuses – we promise this “back to school” edition will be more interesting than a high school history lecture.
Enjoy your last bit of summer!
It’s mid-August, and that means if you’re a parent, you’re being hassled about back-to-school shopping. According to the National Retail Foundation, the back-to-school sales period comes in as the second-highest sales event after holidays. So how does this affect the marketing industry?
- For marketers, that means it’s time to take advantage of families’ willingness to buy! Here’s how.
- How early is too early to market to the back-to-school crowds? For incoming college freshmen, the conversation begins in March!
- The market for school preparation is huge. Nearly $70 billion is spent each year. More stats here.
- And for all the Moms and Dads out there, here are five ways to save on back-to-school shopping.
Good luck weathering the back-to-school madness!