With mobile traffic currently comprising more than half of all Internet usage, many businesses are left wondering, “Do we need an app?” Here are some links to help you make the call.
- Needing (or not needing) an app mostly depends on your business.
- Wondering just how popular apps are? Here’s a stat-packed infographic.
- The alternative to an app is creating a responsive website (Psst! You should do this even if you have an app). See if this step is enough for your business.
- Whether you opt for a responsive site or an app, one thing is for sure. You simply must have a mobile marketing strategy. Here are some basic principles to remember as you get started.
Travel is sort of our thing at Pilch & Barnet. Check out these handy apps to make your next trip that much easier.
- Apple Maps is ok. Google Maps is better. Public transportation directions, more accurate routes and turn-by-turn GPS navigation makes this app a must-have.
- Traveling abroad? You’re going to need to convert money, distance, degrees – The Converted app takes care of it all in one place.
- Organize your travel in one place with TripIt. It will import information from your e-mail inbox and organize your flights, hotel and car rentals, dinner reservations and more into one big itinerary. Use the free version, do a 30 day free trial or pay for a year, if you’re really a jet setter.
- Ready to hit the open road? Download Roadtrippers first. It’ll map out your route based on interesting sites to see along the way.