Let’s talk about what you’re seeing in your social media feeds in the days leading up to Christmas.
- Elf on the Shelf. You’ve got at least one friend who’s posting (bragging) photos of all the clever antics the elf is getting into at her house. But there’s a theory out there that elfie is really just teaching your kids to be cool with Big Brother.
- Videos of kids’ holiday concerts. Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells, you’re sure to hear all the classics. But let’s be honest, it’s funnier when it doesn’t go as planned (exhibit A: these kids trying to master the “Twelve Days of Christmas”).
- Gingerbread houses. You know what people should post? Photos of angry parents trying to construct these things in the name of “tradition.” In the meantime, check out these gingerbread houses that are better than yours.
- Visits with Santa. Because it’s just not Christmas until I see a picture of somebody’s kid being scarred for life.
- Family photos. We all try to capture the perfect family portrait this time of year. It didn’t work out so well for these folks. Awkward!