We’ve seen lots of disagreements this week among the predictive rodents of the country RE: how much longer winter’s going to last. Punxsutawney Phil says six more weeks of winter, but Jimmy the Groundhog in nearby Sun Prairie and Wynter, the groundhog at the Milwaukee County Zoo, say spring is on its way.
In any event, Link Friday is here whether winter lasts until June or not. On with the show:
- A new study says Facebook addiction is as strong as nicotine addiction. (Pardon me while I step outside for a status update break.)
- Continuing with Facebook, it turns out we get more friend requests, likes and messages than we send out. The world’s largest social media network isn’t exactly filled with givers, I guess.
- Here’s one for the sports fans, what with the Super Bowl coming up this weekend: Sports Illustrated’s Peter King says about 95 percent of the people in his industry are on Twitter, and he follows about 400 accounts.
- This is a couple weeks old, but michigan.org, the state of Michigan’s tourism website, was the most popular state tourism website in the country for the fifth straight year. They do a great job on social media, too, especially Facebook.
- And one just for fun: the world’s 20 most beautiful bookstores.
Happy Super Bowl weekend, everybody!