December has arrived here in bucolic Madison, bringing with it complaints about cold weather that likely aren’t going to stop until July, when people will start complaining about hot weather.
Here’s what’s notable and newsworthy this week, at least according to us:
- Looking for a great gift idea? While I was perusing Little Luxuries (just steps away from our office) for some Christmas gifts, I stumbled upon City Tins, a set of 20 coasters that double as $10 gift cards for locally owned restaurants in Madison and Milwaukee. A great promotional idea, and I love the vintage look.
- Another great gift idea for travelers: Lytro, the focus-free camera.
- The thing about December? It’s cold. What better way to stay warm then to jet off to Europe? But do you know your way around, say, Spain? No fear: just consult these awesome illustrations of Spain that were done for the global affairs, business, culture and design magazine Monocle.
- Wonder what people look at most on your social media profiles? Hint: profile pictures are eye-catching.
- And speaking of social media, here are Twitter’s top 10 remarkable tweets and Facebook’s 40 most-shared stories from 2011. (Hope nothing interesting happens in December…)
That’s all for us this week. Have a great weekend!