We’re just days away from the biggest advertising event of the year, Super Bowl XLVII! And while many dubbed 2012’s event the first “Social Media Bowl,” 2013 should prove to be another major year for social media in the Super Bowl.
- So, what’s the big appeal of using social media to advertise for the Super Bowl?
- The advertising buzz of Super Bowl XLVII? Teaser ads for ads, which create pre-game hype and are often aired on social media platforms.
- But are these teaser ads ruining the surprise of those aired on game day?
- In an attempt to match the success of its 2012 campaign, Coke has already launched a teaser ad called “Mirage.” Viewers are encouraged to engage in a social media game similar to the “Choose Your Own Adventure” series, which will ultimately decide the 30-second Super Bowl spot.
- Pizza Hut is also engaging customers with their “Hut. Hut. Hut.” contest, in which winning clips will be aired Super Bowl Sunday.
- Before the AFC and NFC championship games, HootSuite had already “predicted” the teams that would be playing in the Super Bowl. Think Twitter will predict Sunday’s winner as well? Follow the HootSuite Super Bowl XLVII Command Center and see what happens.
Whether you’re a big fan of football, advertising, or even just Beyonce, we hope you enjoy Sunday’s game!