The best time to vacation is in the summertime, right? The kids have off, the weather is nice and it just seems like the right time to get away. But traveling in the summer also means elevated prices, hoards of people and depending where you go, sweltering summer heat. Have you ever tried traveling during the shoulder season?
- Shoulder season sits between peak traveling season, summer, and low traveling season, winter. Traveling during spring and autumn awards you several great perks.
- By traveling during shoulder season, you’ll avoid peak season crowds, enjoy pleasant spring, late summer or early autumn weather and save a lot of money while you do it.
- Here’s some advice for traveling shoulder season. Beware of limitations on transportation and seasonal attractions, plan climate appropriate activities and prepare yourself for potentially uncooperative weather.
- Since spring and autumn tend to be rainy, make sure to have a back-up plan.
- Need some ideas for good shoulder season travel? These 5 destinations are great for fall travel.
Fall is coming up, giving you the perfect opportunity to plan a vacation to travel during shoulder season. Where will your travels lead you this autumn?