Welcome back to Link Friday! Here’s what grabbed our attention this week (plus a bonus Sam Cooke video just because):
- The U.S. government this week made some important moves to bolster access to America’s tourist destinations, writes Pauline Frommer. (Yes, of the travel Frommers.)
- Do you like Pinterest but wish it had more mustaches? Then check out Gentlemint, which boasts a “a mint of manly things.” And hey, it’s even endorsed by the American Mustache Institute!
- Facebook’s launch of Open Graph could mean “a new era in social networking,” Shoutlet said earlier this week.
- Speaking of Facebook, it turns out pages shouldn’t post more than once every three hours, according to a recent study.
- Worried about dropping your iPhone in the lake when you’re on vacation? Why not waterproof your phone? (This is awesome.)
- Not really travel or social media related, but Sam Cooke would have turned 81 on Sunday. Everyone should own this album, and here’s the best version of this song ever:
Thanks for reading, everybody. Have a great weekend!