Concerns for environmental sustainability are forcing us all to consider how our daily decisions impact the future of our Earth. It’s no wonder these concerns have translated to tourism, which, by nature of the industry, is responsible for a substantial carbon footprint. Ecotourism, also called responsible or sustainable tourism, gives travelers ways to travel green, respect local communities and make a positive impact on the environment.
- Take a look at the types and advantages of ecotourism.
- Use these travel tips to become a carbon-conscious traveler.
- Visit one of these three destinations, named the best places for ecotourism.
- Or check out this full list of ecotourism locations.
- Still curious how you can become a greener traveler? Learn more by visiting responsibletravel.com or sustainabletourism.net.
Ecotourism gives you the opportunity to minimize the environmental impact of your travels.