Coming up on a decade of activity, LinkedIn remains the top-dog professional networking platform. But, like any social media player, its success rides on its ability to stay relevant in today’s marketing landscape. Let’s take a look at LinkedIn’s potential future.
- LinkedIn’s CEO Jeff Weiner describes the company’s short-term goals and long-term vision. Check out this video interview with Weiner for more details.
- According to this blog, LinkedIn is going to keep getting bigger, thanks to their new site improvements.
- This article depicts 8 possible directions for LinkedIn. Among the eight are the possibilities that its focus will become connectability, customer relationship management or analytics.
- Once the sole platform for professional connections, LinkedIn now has a number of newer competitors. These include the Facebook app BranchOut and Monster’s BeKnown.
- So, while LinkedIn is making strides to remain relevant and successful in the professional networking landscape, how important is it for your business? This study shows LinkedIn now leads in B2B marketing. Industry experts say that B2B marketing on LinkedIn should be a greater part of your social media marketing strategy.
We’re certainly curious to see how this social media platform evolves in 2013. Happy Friday!