Just when you think you’ve figured out Facebook, they change it. Never fear, Pilch & Barnet is here.
- If you run a business page, you probably noticed a drop in total “likes” recently. That’s because Facebook is purging likes from deactivated and memorialized accounts. Should you worry? No. Why? Because these users weren’t seeing, engaging with or buying your stuff anyway.
- Facebook recently enabled users to embed videos they’ve posted to Facebook elsewhere on the web. Why? So you stay on Facebook and off
- In fact, you don’t even have to leave Facebook to wire someone money now. You can do it through the Messenger app. Why? Because who likes leaving the house anyway? But seriously, be careful. It’s not the safest form of payment.
- Speaking of never leaving the house, Internet trolls beware. Some sites are now auto-posting your comments on Facebook. Why? Because you should heed my mom’s advice and never write anything you don’t want someone else to read.
- While we’re talking motherly advice, take mine and don’t take pictures of anything you don’t want other people to see, either. But for all your non-controversial photos, you can now edit them as you upload them to Facebook mobile. Crop, brighten, enhance. Why? So you don’t need other photo editing apps and you never ever leave Facebook. You can even add stickers. Why? There are just some things even I can’t explain.