In honor of Mother’s Day, this Link Friday we’re talking about the fairer sex. Did you know that research shows more than 80% of travel decisions are made by women?
- In fact, women 45 and older drive more travel purchase decisions than any other single group. And today’s average adventure traveler is now a 47-year old woman.
- Women are also way more likely to write an online review than a man, another reason it just makes good sense to cater to this important demographic.
- Let’s talk about the buying power of moms for a second. They’re a $2.4 trillion market with 55% of active social media moms making a purchase because of a review blog and 64% of them asking other moms for advice before laying down the credit card.
- Although this article is a couple of years old, the ideas it presents for marketing travel to moms is still spot on.
- And to reward you for making it this far in article, let’s enjoy this funny commercial from Samsung titled, “Texts from Mom.”
Happy Mother’s Day!