So we all saw the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos fill up our news feed this summer. It’s proof that social media and charity make a great team.
- So why do some charity events go viral when others go unnoticed? For the Ice Bucket Challenge in particular, it was the perfect storm.
- Social media remains one of the first places people hear about charitable initiatives. Check out this list of other interesting finds about social media users and philanthropy.
- Ninety-eight percent of the biggest charities in the U.S. use social media and for most, the main goal is raising awareness. They’re finding videos to be their most effective tool.
- Here are some ways you can use social media to promote your charity or fundraiser.
- And last but not least, here are some social media dos and don’ts when you’re running a charity.