Millennials are the coveted demographic right now. Young, but not too young to have disposable income. Old, but not so old they shun the torrent of technology swirling around us. Let’s take a look at how they’re shaping the travel industry.
- Millennials are 23% more likely to travel abroad than older generations, plus they’re willing to spend more. It’s estimated they’ll spend 1.4 trillion per year on travel by 2020.
- Most millennials are looking for an authentic experience that includes experiencing new cultures and partaking in local cuisine, rather than a party atmosphere.
- They’re a thrifty bunch too, checking an average of 10 sources on the hunt for the best price, before committing to a travel purchase. They’re also way more likely to extend a business trip into a vacation to save a little coin, and ¾ of them participate in rewards programs looking for a break.
- Here are a few tips to market to millennials.
- If you need a good laugh, check out this article on “28 Things Millennials are Killing in Cold Blood.” RIP, Canadian tourism industry.