It’s Super Bowl weekend. The pinnacle of advertising for big brands. And although they’re still dropping serious money to play, every year, social media grows more essential to a big marketing win.
- 74% of Super Bowl viewers say they’d write a status or hashtag if they see something that moves them to action during the game. Half said they’d share a commercial on social media. That means the buzz goes on far longer than the play clock.
- So your brand doesn’t have millions of dollars to shell out for a 30 second ad. You can still use the Super Bowl as a marketing opportunity with social media.
- Who will win the big game? (hint: NOT THE PACKERS grrr) Social media just might be the crystal ball gamblers have been waiting for.
- If the winner of the Super Bowl was based on Klout scores, who would win? Find out here.
- Facebook plans to promote video clips of the game directly into users’ newsfeeds to keep them from visiting a third-party site like YouTube to find clips to share. That way you never have to leave Facebook during the big game. Smart.