Election Day is almost here. You can tell because your social media feeds are full of political commentary and it’s reaching a fever pitch.
- Social media in politics was, not so long ago, a bit of a novelty. Now, it’s an integral part of the campaign. Here are a few great examples of how it’s being incorporated.
- And it’s not just in the United States. Social media played a huge role in this year’s elections in India, especially with young voters.
- Remember, in many states (including Wisconsin), it’s a felony to show your ballot to anyone, including on social media. Earlier this year one Wisconsin mayor did it. He escaped prosecution, but don’t push your luck.
- Want to know which states are talking politics the most on Facebook? Hint, it’s not New York! Apparently mum’s the word there. The age stats about who’s posting the most are surprising too.
- Here’s a fun tool created by Facebook that compares candidates based on their Facebook fans and on how many people are talking about them. File away your findings and see if the most popular candidate on Facebook actually wins next week!