Summertime in Middleton, Wis., beckons visitors with its miles of recreational trails, fresh food at local farmers’ markets and restaurants, and fun for family members of all ages. That’s why it’s greener here, and this 30-second spot takes the viewer on a trip of the city, highlighting the myriad ways to make a trip to Middleton special.
Located in the middle of Wisconsin, the Stevens Point area boasts a wide array of arts attractions and activities, from its 20-acre outdoor sculpture park to theater, dance and musical performances across Portage County. The Celebrate the Arts campaign, launched in spring 2013, highlighted these unique amenities through social media posts, an infographic, a check-in contest, banner advertising, e-newsletters and more.
Super Bowl XLVIII is almost here! If you’re not excited for the game, there’s still a good chance you’re watching for the commercials. There’s an even better chance you’ll be talking about it on social media. And that trend is nothing to ignore.
- Verizon is building hype this week with an interactive Twitter campaign. Each day they ask fans a different question about the competing teams and followers respond with their favorite team and a hashtag. More votes = your team ‘s colors shining in a light display on the Empire State Building that night. It’s a great idea to keep fans coming back every day, with visible results for even those who aren’t participating.
- They’re estimating 400,000 extra folks will pile into Greater NYC this week for the big game, so they’ve created a Social Media Communications Center with a team of 45 to act as a virtual concierge. It’s a great example of how social media can be vital to tourists, especially when a visitor center just won’t cut it.
- Even if the game’s a dud, you can usually count on the commercials for some solid entertainment. And while advertisers are paying millions for 30 seconds of your time, they’re also paying for big-time social media exposure. It’s anticipated that 61% of people will be sharing those ads on social media during and after the game.
- So which social media channel will dominate the Super Bowl ad conversation? Here’s your answer.
Enjoy the big game!
In 2014, mobile optimization is something your business needs to give serious thought. Having to pinch and zoom and endlessly scroll can quickly sour a user’s experience of your brand. It’s time to get educated about this trend.
- Smartphones are constantly gaining in popularity and mobile web traffic is on the rise. This article gives you hard numbers on why your website simply must be mobile optimized.
- When you opt to mobile optimize, you’ve got to decide if you want to make an “m-dot” site or make yours responsive. Going “responsive” seems to be where most are headed these days.
- If you send a lot of e-mails, you’re going to want to consider mobile optimizing those as well.
- Here are some sharp examples of mobile websites to help jump start your creativity!
There’s no denying that video is where it’s at right now in marketing. Make 2014 the year you try a video contest!
- With over 50% of all web traffic now video-based and studies showing video marketing is 6 times more effective than print and direct mail, it’s a trend you simply can’t afford to miss. More cool stats here.
- Ready to try a contest for yourself? Here are some great tips to get started.
- Want to ease into the world of video first before going straight for a contest? Try one of these 50 creative ways to incorporate video into your marketing strategy.
2014 is here – let’s take a look at what’s in store for social media this year!
- Facebook is constantly changing its news feed algorithm, making it harder and harder for brands to be seen. If you’re not already paying for Facebook ads, it’s something you should strongly consider in 2014.
- Everyone has a smartphone and they’re using them non-stop. Your website needs to be mobile optimized and so does your social media.
- Video is hot right now. Do not miss the boat on this one in 2014.
- Resolve to do better in social media in 2014. Here’s how.
As the economy continues its rebound, travel is making a steady comeback too. Here’s what you can expect for travel in 2014.
- No surprise here. Experts predict higher airline fees and tighter seating this new year.
- Look for cheaper domestic flights and more free wi-fi in hotels in 2014.
- Some see an increased focus on boosting “happiness ratings” for flyers by providing shorter flights, fewer connections and more on-time departures.
- Experts say the cost of hotel rooms is on the rise, and consequently so are rentals of private vacation homes.
- Check out this list of the top travel destinations for 2014, which includes some unexpected locales right here in the U.S. of A.
The clock is ticking on 2013! Let’s get ready to ring in the new year!
- We all sing it on New Year’s Eve, but do you actually know the words to “Auld Lang Syne”? Yeah, neither did we. Click here for the lyrics and a history lesson.
- Because the Internet was created solely for cat videos, enjoy “Pepper the Cool Cat” serenading you with the new year’s classic.
- Check out the coolest places to ring in 2014 around the world!
- If sitting on your couch in your pajamas is where you plan to be at midnight, live vicariously through others with these webcams of New Year’s Eve celebrations in Times Square, Sydney, Paris, Rio and more!
- Dropping the ball in Times Square is the American New Year’s tradition, but it gets a little wilder around the world! In South Africa it’s a chance to toss your old appliances out the window and in Central and South America, they rock special skivvies on New Year’s Eve (red for love, yellow for money!). Click here for more wackiness.
- Tis the season for New Year’s resolutions! Here are 21 travel resolutions you need to make in 2014.
Happy New Year!
Christmas is just a few days away! Are you ready?
- If you’re flying, find out if you lucked out or you’re bummed out about your airline choice –here’s a list of the best and worst for Christmas and New Year’s travel.
- The TSA has softened a bit on its travel restrictions. Click here to read the latest on what you can and can’t bring aboard your holiday flight.
- Maybe you just wish you were traveling somewhere exotic for Christmas! Daydream away with this list of the best places to spend Christmas.
- There is one man with more frequent flyer miles than all the rest: Santa. Track him around the world on Christmas Eve here.
- Last but not least this Christmas, entertain your friends and family with a personalized “Elf Yourself” video! And check out our video starring P&B principals, Lyn and Susanne!
Ready, set, spend! It’s the most expensive time of the year, so let us help you avoid buyer’s remorse with this week’s Link Friday.
- If you’re a seller, it’s important to understand buyers. So read up on the four types of holiday shoppers and how to win their hearts (and/or wallets).
- Social media is a big player in holiday sales this year. Check out this infographic detailing its impact.
- Tech gifts are hot this holiday season. Here’s a list of the hottest.
- Be a hero to the young people in your life by grabbing a unique gift from this list.
- Worst. Gifts. Ever. (We’re going to have to agree here… soap with razor blades inside it just doesn’t seem like a great idea.)
- And if money is no object, check out the top ten shopping destinations in the world. (Vacation for you, gifts for them, it works out.)