With mobile traffic currently comprising more than half of all Internet usage, many businesses are left wondering, “Do we need an app?” Here are some links to help you make the call.
- Needing (or not needing) an app mostly depends on your business.
- Wondering just how popular apps are? Here’s a stat-packed infographic.
- The alternative to an app is creating a responsive website (Psst! You should do this even if you have an app). See if this step is enough for your business.
- Whether you opt for a responsive site or an app, one thing is for sure. You simply must have a mobile marketing strategy. Here are some basic principles to remember as you get started.
If you have a website, you need to pay attention to Google Analytics.
We’re one week from the Fourth of July! So far it’s shaping up to be a winner for travel.
- According to AAA, this year’s Fourth of July travel is expected to grow 2% from 2013.
- That’s in spite of the fact that gas and hotel prices are up too. It seems folks are getting more confident in the economy and are more willing to lay down the credit card.
- Behold, the 13 best places to celebrate the Fourth of July. Places that include lumberjack shows, Willie Nelson picnics and monster trucks.
- Did you know the Fourth of July happens to be a great opportunity for marketers? Use the holiday as a great hook for promoting your latest sale, product or contest!
Senior citizens often have extra time and extra money to spend. Is your destination senior-friendly?
- With the number of senior citizens growing worldwide, marketing to this age demo just makes sense. But be sure you’re ready to handle this crowd – they demand impeccable service.
- Here’s a look at what seniors are looking for when they plan their vacations. Applicable info on slide 12.
- China is taking note of the rise of seniors traveling. Are you?
- If you want to attract seniors, you need to consider improving your motorcoach offerings. Here’s some advice.
The Middleton Tourism e-newsletter delivers useful information about one of Wisconsin’s most charming communities. Each issue demonstrates why it’s bolder, greener, tastier and cozier in Middleton. The black brings out the colors in the main image. The copy is lively and to the point. The topics covered are enticing and generate excellent click-through. It’s an e-newsletter people like to see in their inbox.
Trails are one of Vilas County’s the most important tourism assets. Communities throughout the county have worked hard to create one of the top silent sports destinations in the Midwest. The Vilas County Map It Trails App for iPhone is a highly-practical, easy-to-use app that includes maps for Vilas County’s 58 designated trails, including six canoe trails.
App users can select trails based on mileage, difficulty, trail type and more. The app is an essential tool for hikers, bicyclists, birdwatchers, cross-country skiers, snowshoers and paddlers.
Wellness tourism is a niche market that’s blowing up worldwide. If you’re not already reaching out to this luxury segment of the traveling population, let us explain why you should.
- Wellness tourism defined.
- Who are wellness travelers? What are they looking for? Find out here.
- Here’s an interesting article about the economic potential of appealing to “wellness travelers.” It includes some pretty mind-blowing stats like the fact that tourists spend 130% more than a regular leisure traveler.
- India is the world’s fastest-growing wellness travel destination with a projected 22% annual growth. Learn from its example.
With the economy still recovering, budget travel is a trend that isn’t going away anytime soon.
Summer has unofficially begun and it’s time to take a look at the season’s travel outlook.
- Summer travel bookings are up from this time last year and most aren’t listing a budget as their number one priority anymore.
- Airlines are looking forward to a red-letter summer, with the highest numbers of passengers since 2008.
- Summer travel trend: People just aren’t as interested in “unplugging” as we think they are. Two-thirds of the folks in this study listed “in-room technology as an amenity they can’t live without.”
- Find out where people are going this summer.
Everyone eats when they travel, but have you ever traveled to eat? You just might be a foodie traveler.
- A what? See the definition of “culinary travel” here.
- Here’s the mostly international bucket list for foodie travelers.
- No budget for leaving the country? No problem. There are plenty of amazing options for culinary travelers right here in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
- Let’s go over the role this travel trend plays in tourism.
- There’s a growing segment of foodie travel called agritourism, which includes activities like picking your own fruits and veggies. But it’s really so much more and perfect for epicureans.