Be it rising gas costs, a fear of flying or just a desire to spend a lengthy time bonding with your fellow travelers, road trips are super popular right now. Wondering where you should make your next drive? We’ve compiled a list of the best road trips in the U.S.! Here’s a trip for any occasion, like if…
As an added bonus, we’ve scouted the most useful resources to help you survive the drive:
Concerns for environmental sustainability are forcing us all to consider how our daily decisions impact the future of our Earth. It’s no wonder these concerns have translated to tourism, which, by nature of the industry, is responsible for a substantial carbon footprint. Ecotourism, also called responsible or sustainable tourism, gives travelers ways to travel green, respect local communities and make a positive impact on the environment.
Ecotourism gives you the opportunity to minimize the environmental impact of your travels.
In February, Pilch & Barnet wowed the crowd the Wisconsin Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus meeting in Oshkosh (it was probably our jokes). The presentation focused on marketing trends to watch in 2013, including adapting to mobile, visual content and content creation. We even got to include Grumpy Cat!
Download the presentation (PDF)
With the immense number of smartphone users today, there is increasing demand for new and exciting ways to connect. Check out these up and coming social media platforms.
- The hottest platforms right now: Vine, (New) Myspace, Pheed, Snapchat and Thumb. And a few more include Medium, Conversations, Chirpify, Flayvr and Chirp.
- The newly revamped Myspace is a perfect fit for music industry brands, but any brand can use Myspace to create a deeper personality and connect with customers.
- Widely used by celebrities, Pheed allows users to charge a monthly subscription fee to access their content, which can include text, photo, audio, video and even live broadcasts.
- A popular app among consumers, Snapchat may soon be extending to brands. The frozen yogurt company 16 handles recently tested the app to send coupons to customers.
- Users of the crowdsourcing app Thumb are already seriously engaged, using the app four hours a month, second only to Facebook.
- One of the most aesthetically pleasing of new social media apps, Flayvr automatically organizes the photos you take on your smartphone.
- Chirp has the “wow” factor in 2013, allowing you to share photos or links across a unique robotic frequency.
Which new platform are you most excited about?
Infographics seem to be all the rage right now. And it makes sense: in an era of information overload, consumers respond favorably to imagery. Here’s why infographics work:
Infographics appeal to consumers senses in ways that basic text cannot. Consider implementing an infographic into your next project.
Facebook? Check. Twitter? Check. Pinterest? You’re probably on that too. But what about YouTube? We all know that YouTube is known for its immense user presence, but what potential does the platform have for your brand?
Any successful social media publisher knows the importance of staying current with the changing social media landscape. And as of late, Facebook has rolled out a number of significant changes. So what’s new?
Don’t get left behind as Facebook moves forward. Prepare for Facebook’s evolving changes to optimize your page’s impact.
March may be almost over but the Madness is not! We couldn’t help but post a “round two” of March Madness Link Friday. Check out some ways companies are participating this year.
There’s less than two weeks left of the tournament, so enjoy!
No matter what your level of sports expertise or interest in basketball, March Madness is famously the one sporting event everyone can enjoy. Here’s what’s happening in social media this March!
- Facebook is finally partaking in the Madness with a social application, Fanhood’s March Madness Brackets.
- Twitter’s “instant replay” concept will allow users to catch highlights from all of the tournament games within minutes of them happening.
- Are you one of those people who bases your bracket on favorite uniforms? Coolest mascot? Or another silly-but-entertaining measure? Well this bracket uses “Klout Scores,” ranking each of the teams by their social media influence.
- But most importantly, these apps (and these!) will help you win your March Madness pool.
So tell us… who do you have winning it all?
In 2013, Middleton celebrates 50 years of cityhood. The logo celebrates this milestone and is being used in a number of places locally as well as in some visitor materials, including the visitor guide. A complete brand manual was completed to guide the city government, local organizations, businesses and the tourism commission in the various ways they can promote the anniversary and utilize the logo. The logo has been incorporated into social media campaigns, web pages and signage throughout the community.