We’re thrilled to announce we were named one of the 2017 Best Places to Work in Madison by Madison Magazine!
We’re especially grateful because this honor comes as a result of the good words spoken about Pilch & Barnet by our own employees! We value the people who choose to share their time and talents with us and do our best to treat them well. We know that the respect and appreciation we show them reflects in the great work they do for our clients.
If you’re interested in seeing what Pilch & Barnet can do for you, call us today!
Hurricane Harvey is being dubbed the United States’ “First Social Media Storm.” Let’s take a look at the role social media has played in this chapter of history.
- Facebook users in the path of Harvey were able to mark themselves as “safe” to ease the minds of far-away family members.
- BuzzFeed worked to compile a list of hoaxes spreading online to warn people of potential scams and fake news.
- Victims desperately in need of rescue turned to social media when local 911 operations were unavailable.
- People who had businesses or homes unaffected by the storm used the platforms to offer shelter.
- Now, pet owners are reuniting with their furry friends thanks to social networking.
- One of the coolest ways social media helped during the disaster was by raising money. Kudos to Houstan Texans defensive end (and former Badger!) J.J. Watt for kicking off an online fundraiser that has since raised more than $14 million for relief efforts!