In the age of Instagram, image is everything it seems. Let’s look at marketing an “Instagrammable” product.
- “Instagrammable” means something is so visually alluring, it’s worth sharing on Instagram for everyone to see. The term has become so popular, it’s warranted its own hashtag. Click here to see #instagrammable examples.
- There’s a method to the madness of sharing something that will be an “Insta” success. The Social Savior recommends photos with the color red and subjects including, but not limited to, bikinis, revolvers, perfume and puppies. Got one of those things to sell? You’re good to go.
- Ok, so maybe you’re not selling any of those things. Use of a good hashtag will get you far. Here’s a list of the most popular ones.
- Makeup, travel hot spots and food are some of the most popular Instagrammable items these days. Perhaps the most well-known recent example of this is the Starbucks Unicorn Latte. There are tens of thousands of posts for this one colorful coffee drink alone.
- And although these Instagrammable items are, no doubt, a feast for the eyes, are the products becoming more about flash than substance? This article suggests just that. Starbucks learned this lesson the hard way when people stopped snapping photos of their Unicorn Latte long enough to taste it (spoiler alert, not everyone’s taste buds were as impressed as their eyes).