Just because our beloved Packers aren’t in the Super Bowl again this year doesn’t mean you can just walk away and ignore it. If you’re a marketer, it’s worth your time.
• In 1967, a 30 second spot during the Super Bowl cost $42K. Fifty years later, the cost is 119 times that at over $5 million.
• Snickers is trying something new this year – the first live Super Bowl ad. Whaaaat?
• Some of this year’s commercials have already been leaked, check them out here.
• So it’s probably safe to say you won’t be buying any ad time during the big game. Here are a few alternate strategies you could learn from instead.
• Or is it better to just avoid the hype entirely? One company says yes.
All we knew for sure in 2016 was we wanted it to be over. Well, it’s 2017 now and it’s time to take a look at what the world of travel holds for us in this brand new year.
- A third of American adults are up for taking more time off in 2017, compared to last year. One of the trends you can expect is more “last-chance” trips to places that are on the brink thanks to climate change. Womp, womp.
- 2017 could be a year of changes when it comes to travel. Check out this article that lays out what you’ll see different in airplanes, airports, theme parks and hotels.
- Vogue says “transformational travel” will be the hot travel trend this year. They define it as, “travel motivated and defined by a shift in perspective, self-reflection and development, and a deeper communion with nature and culture.” Read more about this zen trend here.
- Other things you’ll see in 2017: lower airfares (but higher added on fees), continued growth of Airbnb type lodging, and bargains to Europe (so long as the euro continues its struggles).