Overall, 2015 was a pretty good year for travel. Let’s take a peek at what’s on the horizon for 2016.
- The top 10 travel trends for next year were just released. They include more travel to Cuba, more “bleisure” trips and higher demands for free WiFi.
- Another set of predictions includes higher hotel room rates and extra surcharges, more/better loyalty programs and record setting numbers of travelers.
- Travel to Europe is expected to keep going strong, despite the problems in Paris and Brussels, a refugee crisis and travel warnings.
- Airfares dipped in 2015 and flyers in 2016 can expect to keep on saving.( If you’re traveling within Europe, prices are crazy low.)
- If you’re flying to one of these 6 worldwide destinations though, get ready to pay more, mostly due to higher demand.
- For hoteliers, 2016 is expected to bring a greater focus on their mobile game, social media engagement and social media advertising (sorry businesses, you can’t escape social media!).