All the melancholy looks on the faces of your friends’ children in your Facebook feed can mean only one thing – it’s back-to-school time!
Ms. Johnson develops and executes smart media strategies and she loves helping clients find success. Her passions include travel and running and she seldom stops moving. Whether she’s running a project or running on the track, Ms. Johnson only stops when she hits the finish line.
Summer’s winding down, school’s starting – it can be a bummer to bid farewell to the glory of summer, but fall’s got one thing going for it: cheaper travel!
- Fall is a shoulder season: the time just before or just after the high season (high season = the time when it costs you and arm and a leg to take your family someplace).
- Here’s a handy infographic detailing the best places to go and when, to take advantage of shoulder season savings.
- Finding better prices in the off-season even applies to vacation rentals, if hotels aren’t your thing.
- Lower lodging prices combined with airfares that are, on average, nearly six-percent less than last year, is making for some extra sweet deals. Word is, airfare could drop even lower.
Vacation rental sites like Airbnb, VRBO and Homeaway are growing worldwide by leaps and bounds…and it’s starting to make hoteliers a little nervous.
- Airbnb.com could make up over 4% of hotel offerings by 2020. That kind of growth means one thing for hotels – price drops.
- In Paris, some vacation rentals are just as fancy as the five-star hotels, in the same sought-after locations, with some offering maid and concierge services.
- This is forcing hotels to up their game, remodeling rooms and adding amenities. A win for travelers.
- Vacationers should remember that when you stay in a hotel, you’re helping that community by paying room tax. Rentals don’t play by the same rules. With that in mind, here’s a good way to decide if a rental or hotel is the best match for you.
You’re probably already utilizing YouTube for your videos – they claim a billion video views per day. But are you putting them on Facebook too?