It’s Super Bowl weekend. The pinnacle of advertising for big brands. And although they’re still dropping serious money to play, every year, social media grows more essential to a big marketing win.
- 74% of Super Bowl viewers say they’d write a status or hashtag if they see something that moves them to action during the game. Half said they’d share a commercial on social media. That means the buzz goes on far longer than the play clock.
- So your brand doesn’t have millions of dollars to shell out for a 30 second ad. You can still use the Super Bowl as a marketing opportunity with social media.
- Who will win the big game? (hint: NOT THE PACKERS grrr) Social media just might be the crystal ball gamblers have been waiting for.
- If the winner of the Super Bowl was based on Klout scores, who would win? Find out here.
- Facebook plans to promote video clips of the game directly into users’ newsfeeds to keep them from visiting a third-party site like YouTube to find clips to share. That way you never have to leave Facebook during the big game. Smart.
Gray skies and cold days have been with us for a while now. This is the time people start longing for a warm-weather getaway.
You know your business needs to be on social media. You also know there’s a terrifying number of platforms and you sort of like sleeping at night, so how do you decide where to focus your efforts?
- Facebook is still king, with 71% of adult Internet users and 58% of the general adult population liking and sharing up a storm. Check out this article for more percentages of the most popular platforms.
- This infographic is an interesting look at social media users with regards to income and education level. Once you know who you’re after, this is helpful info.
- Here’s a look at the age and gender breakdown of social media use. (Don’t let anyone tell you that young people are leaving Facebook.)
- And finally, here’s an at-a-glance guide to help you decide which social network is right for your business.
It’s time to look ahead at what 2015 has in store for the world of social media.
A brand new year is here! Let’s look at what’s in store for travel.