Here at Pilch & Barnet, we know destination marketing. So we love seeing innovative, fun and successful tourism campaigns from around the world, and we thought you might too.
- A perennial award-winner we love is Pure Michigan. You never even knew you wanted to go to Michigan, but as soon as you see their ads, you’re sold. Go get lost in their YouTube channel. Daydream away on their Facebook page. These guys are doing it right.
- Tahiti Tourism totally gets what Instagram is all about. In 2013, more than 17,000 Instagrammers liked what they have going on.
- With an account that’s frequently updated, fun and most importantly, helpful to its customers, Virgin Atlantic Airlines has Twitter on lockdown.
- Part gorgeous photos, part cute animals, part helpful links to videos and articles, it’s no accident that See Australia’s Pinterest account has more than 5,000 followers.
We’ve talked a lot about up and coming travel trends on Link Friday. Now it’s time to have a little fun and explore some of the more obscure ones.
- How about this one? “You kill it, we cook it.” Some hotels are offering this service for travelers who want to do some hunting or fishing while they’re away from home. Prices may vary.
- Tiny foodies mustn’t have to compromise while they’re on vacation with mom and dad! That’s why some upscale hotels are now offering gourmet, organic, made-to-order baby foods.
- Have you heard of the “pack it, wear it, leave it” travel trend? Pop some tags at your thrift store back home, wear the clothes on your next travel adventure, then leave them behind for the next person!
- If babies can be catered to on vacation, why not fur-babies? Check out these kennels you might mistake for hotels and some five-star resorts ready to pamper your pet.
For parents, back-to-school time could very well be the most wonderful time of the year. Turns out it’s pretty awesome for travelers too.
Travelers are wising up to the magic that is the shoulder season.
- The what season? Definition here.
- What’s so great about it? Click to find out.
- Check out these shoulder season travel planning tips and don’t-miss-destinations.
- If you’re in the tourism business, here’s some helpful advice for attracting shoulder season tourists (the article is about vacation home rentals, but it easily applies to most lodging).