We’re one week from the Fourth of July! So far it’s shaping up to be a winner for travel.
- According to AAA, this year’s Fourth of July travel is expected to grow 2% from 2013.
- That’s in spite of the fact that gas and hotel prices are up too. It seems folks are getting more confident in the economy and are more willing to lay down the credit card.
- Behold, the 13 best places to celebrate the Fourth of July. Places that include lumberjack shows, Willie Nelson picnics and monster trucks.
- Did you know the Fourth of July happens to be a great opportunity for marketers? Use the holiday as a great hook for promoting your latest sale, product or contest!
Senior citizens often have extra time and extra money to spend. Is your destination senior-friendly?
- With the number of senior citizens growing worldwide, marketing to this age demo just makes sense. But be sure you’re ready to handle this crowd – they demand impeccable service.
- Here’s a look at what seniors are looking for when they plan their vacations. Applicable info on slide 12.
- China is taking note of the rise of seniors traveling. Are you?
- If you want to attract seniors, you need to consider improving your motorcoach offerings. Here’s some advice.
Trails are one of Vilas County’s the most important tourism assets. Communities throughout the county have worked hard to create one of the top silent sports destinations in the Midwest. The Vilas County Map It Trails App for iPhone is a highly-practical, easy-to-use app that includes maps for Vilas County’s 58 designated trails, including six canoe trails.
Wellness tourism is a niche market that’s blowing up worldwide. If you’re not already reaching out to this luxury segment of the traveling population, let us explain why you should.
- Wellness tourism defined.
- Who are wellness travelers? What are they looking for? Find out here.
- Here’s an interesting article about the economic potential of appealing to “wellness travelers.” It includes some pretty mind-blowing stats like the fact that tourists spend 130% more than a regular leisure traveler.
- India is the world’s fastest-growing wellness travel destination with a projected 22% annual growth. Learn from its example.
With the economy still recovering, budget travel is a trend that isn’t going away anytime soon.