Travel is sort of our thing at Pilch & Barnet. Check out these handy apps to make your next trip that much easier.
- Apple Maps is ok. Google Maps is better. Public transportation directions, more accurate routes and turn-by-turn GPS navigation makes this app a must-have.
- Traveling abroad? You’re going to need to convert money, distance, degrees – The Converted app takes care of it all in one place.
- Organize your travel in one place with TripIt. It will import information from your e-mail inbox and organize your flights, hotel and car rentals, dinner reservations and more into one big itinerary. Use the free version, do a 30 day free trial or pay for a year, if you’re really a jet setter.
- Ready to hit the open road? Download Roadtrippers first. It’ll map out your route based on interesting sites to see along the way.
Hashtags are hot right now. They can be both extremely useful and extremely annoying, so be cautious.
- New to hashtags? Here’s what you need to know and why they’re an important part of social media.
- A new study shows using more than two hashtags in your Facebook updates significantly reduces engagement. Keep it simple.
- Remember, keep your hashtags online. Don’t include them in your speech. Ever. See this video of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake to illustrate the point.
- There’s been some gossip that Twitter may do away with hashtags altogether down the road. Keep an eye on it, but for now, use them to create a central place for folks to see and discuss your topics.
Easter’s almost here. This means we can really call it spring now, right?
- A still tenuous economy has many predicting a drop in the spending associated with Easter this year.
- Forget the dye and vinegar. Color Easter eggs like a boss.
- The eggs you hunt in your backyard aren’t the only kind worth looking for! Uncovering the virtual kind buried in websites can be just as rewarding. Check out these cool ones on YouTube.
- Candy is a big deal at Easter. These recipes include your favorite sweet treats, but for a 21 and over crowd.