March Madness is upon us!
- Addicted to the madness? There are five awesome apps to keep you in the loop.
- Desk job getting in the way of March Madness? Check out Bud Light’s very clever “Digital March Madness Toolkit” which will replace regular banner ads with score and time updates from the games, sidebars with tourney tweets and gives you an official looking spreadsheet to have up on your monitor that’s actually real-time game updates.
- Any doubts that March Madness is big business? Check out this infographic.
- Did you hear Warren Buffett’s offering up $1 billion to the person who picks the perfect bracket? Click here to find out what your odds are (pssst! They’re not good.).
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner!
- In a clever move using St. Patrick’s Day as the hook, the Irish national tourism authority created this compelling video to educate the world about Ireland and inspire folks to visit.
- If you’re in the mood for a last minute getaway, here are the five best cities to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- Check out these easy ways to utilize the holiday in your social media marketing.
- If you can’t make it to NYC to watch the country’s oldest St. Patrick’s Day parade in person, you can catch it online! A great example the power of live web events to draw in customers (or in the case of tourism, travelers).
Although it doesn’t feel much like spring here in Wisconsin, spring break for students is coming up fast!
- Still looking to book a trip? Here are the top 10 family destinations (included on the list is our home state’s own Wisconsin Dells!).
- Share these helpful spring break social media dos and don’ts with your college-aged spring breaker.
- Know a student looking for a more socially responsible vacation? Try these alternative spring breaks focused on helping others while still getting the chance to travel.
- Too busy at work for a spring break? The U.S. Travel Association says you need to take your vacation days. Not doing so costs the U.S. economy $160 in spending (and not just in the travel industry!).
- If you still need more convincing, check out this article about why vacations are good for your health and mental well-being (and if necessary, forward it to your boss!).