Fat Tuesday is just a few days away!
- The history of Mardi Gras is a long (since 1699!) and interesting one, filled with all kinds of traditions. Learn about them here.
- Mardi Gras and Carnival are a visual feast. Check out some really stunning images from the History Channel here.
- If you happen to actually be attending Mardi Gras, sharing your experiences with your friends on social media is totally acceptable. Find out what’s not in this article about Mardi Gras social media etiquette.
- Can’t make it to the Big Easy for Fat Tuesday this year? Celebrate at home with these great recipes for Mardi Gras appetizers, meals and desserts!
At Pilch & Barnet, we’re always scouring the Internet for the latest trends and helpful information about social media marketing. Today, we’re sharing with you some of our go-to social media favs.
- Jon Loomer. He’s a Facebook marketing coach, author, speaker and strategist. His website and Facebook page offer daily tips, blogs and first hand research. He also offers one-on-one coaching (for a fee). Put his sites in your regular rotation.
- Mari Smith. One of the world’s leading social media strategists and Facebook marketing expert. She’s got a ton of helpful info on her website and Facebook page as well, stocked with blog and tips. She offers a good number of free webinars of which you should take advantage.
- Mike Stelzner. He’s the founder/CEO of the website socialmediaexaminer.com and host of the Social Media Marketing podcast – one of the top 10 marketing podcasts on iTunes. He often blogs for the site, but it’s also full of helpful tips and articles from lots of other industry power players.
- Scott Monty. He’s the head of social media at Ford Motor Company, one of Forbes top 10 influences in social media. His blogs and podcasts are a great resource for advice about corporate communications and social media.
- Huffington Post Tech Section . They’ve got tons of blogs, helpful articles, interesting tidbits and its constantly updated. Big time social media influencers are often featured here as well.
Social media is playing a big role in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- It all began when the media began arriving in Sochi and discovered a few “minor” issues, spawning the hashtag #SochiProblems.
- Olympians are loving what social media is doing for them. One outstanding performance and they’re drowning in followers and fans, going viral on the Internet and hopefully, getting big name sponsors out of it.
- While the rest of the world is chatting about the Olympics on Facebook and Twitter, Russia has its own new social media force to be reckoned with: Vkontakte.
- Not ready to do your own triple toe loops or 720s? You can still be a competitor – in the Social Media Olympics!
Now go for the gold!
Cupid’s big day is almost here – make the most of it with this week’s Link Friday!
- Valentine’s Day isn’t just about sending cards and flowers and eating chocolate past the point of regret. Holidays can be important marketing opportunities you don’t want to miss out on.
- Planning a getaway for you and your sweetie can make for a Valentine’s Day to remember! Here are the best spots for a romantic escapade!
- Alone this V-day? Fear not. Here are seven ways to spend the day (and none of them involve being locked up with your cats, I promise).
- Awww, you shouldn’t have. No, really, you shouldn’t have. Cross-check this helpful list of bad gift ideas from Amazon.com before you decide on that “perfect” gift.
Happy heart day!
Travel to Vilas County in northern Wisconsin and you’ll find Boulder Junction, the Musky Capital of the World®. But what makes this tiny town such a musky hotbed? Take a look at this infographic to find the answer – as well as trivia, fishing tips and everything else you need to know about Esox masquinogy. Winner of an ADDY award for copywriting.
Summertime in Middleton beckons visitors with its miles of recreational trails, fresh food at local farmers’ markets and restaurants, and fun for family members of all ages. That’s why it’s greener here. This 30-second spot takes the viewer on a trip of the city, highlighting the myriad ways to make a trip to Middleton special.