The clock is ticking on 2013! Let’s get ready to ring in the new year!
- We all sing it on New Year’s Eve, but do you actually know the words to “Auld Lang Syne”? Yeah, neither did we. Click here for the lyrics and a history lesson.
- Because the Internet was created solely for cat videos, enjoy “Pepper the Cool Cat” serenading you with the new year’s classic.
- Check out the coolest places to ring in 2014 around the world!
- If sitting on your couch in your pajamas is where you plan to be at midnight, live vicariously through others with these webcams of New Year’s Eve celebrations in Times Square, Sydney, Paris, Rio and more!
- Dropping the ball in Times Square is the American New Year’s tradition, but it gets a little wilder around the world! In South Africa it’s a chance to toss your old appliances out the window and in Central and South America, they rock special skivvies on New Year’s Eve (red for love, yellow for money!). Click here for more wackiness.
- Tis the season for New Year’s resolutions! Here are 21 travel resolutions you need to make in 2014.
Happy New Year!
Christmas is just a few days away! Are you ready?
- If you’re flying, find out if you lucked out or you’re bummed out about your airline choice –here’s a list of the best and worst for Christmas and New Year’s travel.
- The TSA has softened a bit on its travel restrictions. Click here to read the latest on what you can and can’t bring aboard your holiday flight.
- Maybe you just wish you were traveling somewhere exotic for Christmas! Daydream away with this list of the best places to spend Christmas.
- There is one man with more frequent flyer miles than all the rest: Santa. Track him around the world on Christmas Eve here.
- Last but not least this Christmas, entertain your friends and family with a personalized “Elf Yourself” video! And check out our video starring P&B principals, Lyn and Susanne!
Ready, set, spend! It’s the most expensive time of the year, so let us help you avoid buyer’s remorse with this week’s Link Friday.
- If you’re a seller, it’s important to understand buyers. So read up on the four types of holiday shoppers and how to win their hearts (and/or wallets).
- Social media is a big player in holiday sales this year. Check out this infographic detailing its impact.
- Tech gifts are hot this holiday season. Here’s a list of the hottest.
- Be a hero to the young people in your life by grabbing a unique gift from this list.
- Worst. Gifts. Ever. (We’re going to have to agree here… soap with razor blades inside it just doesn’t seem like a great idea.)
- And if money is no object, check out the top ten shopping destinations in the world. (Vacation for you, gifts for them, it works out.)
The holidays are upon us and undoubtedly, so are family gatherings. But what can you talk about with Uncle Tony when religion, politics and twerking are off the table? We’re here to help with some topics you can discuss at your holiday get-togethers that won’t get you into trouble.
- Elf on the Shelf. You can debate whether to do it or not, but frankly, that could end in fisticuffs. Instead, debate the funniest ways to execute this burgeoning holiday tradition.
- Best holiday movies. Is your #1 favorite the Charlie Brown Christmas Special? What about Rudolph? Take a look at this top 100 list and see where your favs rank.
- What Does the Fox Say? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, click here. If you care to know what the fox actually says, the ABC affiliate in Redding, California has your answer. After watching that you can debate whether or not legitimate journalism is dead. And then you can discuss who’s buying your nephew the book version of this viral video.
- Say what? If you’ve got folks from around the country gathered around your table, watch this cool video of how people across the U.S. say different words and hash out once and for all whether it’s “soda” or “pop.”